How our pricing works
We don't have set rates for pet shipments. Instead, we use a quick a negotiation process to determine pricing.
Here's how it works:
1. You list your pet on the ShipHike app
2. A verified Pet Driver sends you an offer to deliver your pet
3. If you're happy with the offer, you can accept it. If you're looking for a lower price, you can send a counter offer. We highly encourage this.
4. The driver receives your offer and can counter as well.
The negotiation process is 2.5 rounds, so the driver will have the final say. Once you agree on a price, your card is authorized for that amount. However, we don't actually capture funds until the driver has picked up your shipment. Learn more about authorization holds here.
Getting an estimate
The distance of the trip, size of the pet, how much pet special care needs to be taken (giving the pet special medicine or if it has unique feeding habits, etc), and other factors will determine what offer the driver sends you.
We'd be happy to give you an estimate prior to posting your shipment. Reach out to us here. We will need the following information to provide you an accurate estimate:
• Type of pet (dog, cat), its size, and its age
• Pickup location
• Drop-off location
• Time frame (do you need it done ASAP or are you flexible?)